Custom Made Orthotics in St. Albert
Foot orthoses, or orthotics, are shoe inserts specifically designed to improve and support the posture of your foot. Unlike insoles, orthotics are custom-made for your foot to relieve pain and pressure associated with chronic foot or leg problems.
Custom orthotics are a great way to ensure that your feet are properly aligned during your busy day at work, morning run or any day-to-day activities. If you have a nagging pain in your back, knees, ankles or feet that won’t go away, call Health by Hamdon to see if orthotics are the right step for you!
Common Signs That Might Mean You Need Orthotics
- If you have foot pain or swelling during or after partaking in everyday activities such as standing or walking
- If one of your shoes are showing more signs of wear than the other
- If you have sharp heel pain
- If you are experiencing diabetic foot complications
- If you have a flat foot with little or no arch or you have a high arch
- If you’ve suffered an injury to your lower limbs in the past
- If you often find yourself tripping, imbalanced, or falling over
If you are experiencing any of the above foot-related issues, please contact the orthopedic specialists at Health by Hamdon to have a comprehensive analysis of your feet/ankles/hips done.
Our St. Albert health clinic is always accepting new patients, call us at 780-459-9600 to book your appointment. You can also email or book online to get a foot forward in the custom orthotics process.
- A full/complete analysis of your feet/ankles/hips and back will be done. This will illustrate how the feet are affecting the body as a whole.
- A specific bio mechanical analysis of the feet will be done.
- A 3-dimensional cast of your feet will be done to ensure the most effective and accurate orthotic for you.
- A one week delivery time where your custom fit orthotics will be ready for pick up at Health by Hamdon.
Treat Your Feet: Get Relief From The Ground Up
Your doctor may recommend orthotics for a number of chronic conditions, including but not limited to:
Patients of all ages can benefit from getting fully customized orthotics for their feet. If you are experiencing foot, leg, or hip-related pain, we strongly recommend that you come in for an assessment and talk to one of our medical practitioners to best determine if a foot orthotic will best address your particular ailment.
Factors such as the materials used, the patient’s foot structure, age, physical condition, and how much they partake in physical or outdoor activities all influence the longevity of your foot orthotic. Typically, orthotics give you the support you need for a lifespan of 1-2 years if worn regularly. If you suspect that your orthotics are no longer meeting your foot correctional, support, or pressure redistribution needs, then we encourage you to have your orthotic reassessed for a new or modified fit.
We recommend that you wear your custom orthotics as much as possible to get the most out of your custom-fit foot device. If you participate in an activity that requires you to frequently change between footwear, we strongly advise that you also get another pair of custom orthotics that are specifically designed for that activity, such as going to the gym.
Depending on what your orthotics are made for, you can transfer your orthotics between similar types of footwear. For example, orthotics made for walking shoes may be easily transferable between athletic shoes, sneakers, and casual footwear but not dress shoes or specialized footwear such as skates.
Be sure to inform one of our medical staff if you wish to have your orthotics made to specifically fit your physical activities.
Book An Appointment
Find out what your body can do with a professional on your side!